Hello, sports fans! I'm still alive and still running, thanks mostly to a milder than normal autumn here in northwestern Ohio. I've never been psycho enough to gear up all through the winter to run outside, but we'll see if I do that this year. It doesn't snow that much around here usually (and sadly), so it might be possible.
I'm not running quite as much throughout the week, instead splitting off some of my time to go lifting, but I'm still getting out for some long runs every 1-2 weeks. This weekend I did a ten-miler. Around thirty minutes in I did something I haven't done for a long time; the infamous Vibram Toe Snag.
After dislodging my toenail from the hole I opened up I assessed my situation and, since it didn't hurt too bad and it wasn't bleeding, decided to do the last hour. Of course, at around the sixty-minute mark I looked down and saw this situation, which I photographed when I got home:
Doh. Close ups for your viewing pleasure:
I'm not running quite as much throughout the week, instead splitting off some of my time to go lifting, but I'm still getting out for some long runs every 1-2 weeks. This weekend I did a ten-miler. Around thirty minutes in I did something I haven't done for a long time; the infamous Vibram Toe Snag.
After dislodging my toenail from the hole I opened up I assessed my situation and, since it didn't hurt too bad and it wasn't bleeding, decided to do the last hour. Of course, at around the sixty-minute mark I looked down and saw this situation, which I photographed when I got home:
|
Doh. Close ups for your viewing pleasure:
![]() |
![]() |
Oh well. At any rate, I gave them a wash, sewed up the hole a bit and then slathered it with that stuff that dead guy used to sell:
|




Sounds like someone needs a pedicure...
ReplyDeleteI think a cosmetologist would about faint if faced with my feet. Plus, I'd be afraid they'd work off some of those hard-earned calluses.
ReplyDelete