Sunday, March 11, 2012

Take Your Canvas Bags to the National Mall!

My friend Stephen Emborski introduced me to the musician/comedian Tim Minchin a little while back.  I was so impressed that I looked to see if he had any American gigs lined up.  The closest he's coming to me is Washington, D.C. for the Reason Rally.  As luck would have it, Richard Dawkins, Adam Savage, Lawrence Krauss, and many other very cool others will also be there, so my friend Joe Galm and I decided to go.

What's with the title, then?  Ah.  Watch.  There's one f-bomb at 2:54 if you're worried about such things.


Since I figured I would need some sort of bag to hold food and especially water for the rally, I thought it would be appropriate to take a canvas bag.  A trip to Hobby Lobby and $30 later, I had some distressed letters and a bag.

Definitely not virtually monastic!
Oh yes.  I thought about putting the letters down lower so they wouldn't get scrunched when I do up the top, but I liked them up there.  Also, I would've had to maneuver around the outside pocket. 

I'm so crafty.
By the way, I haven't run since Monday, which is just about a week.  I gave myself two hernias recently, oops.  I plan on going out for a short easy run later this week to see how it goes...annoying.  At least it doesn't screw with my original rally plans to run the five miles from my brother and sister-in-law's place to downtown D.C. and back.  Since Joe's coming I wasn't planning on that.

2 comments:

  1. You and Joe should have fun.

    I've never found Tim Minchin that funny, because his comedy is more amusing and insightful than laugh out loud. Very talented though.

    Gotta love Bad Religion getting on the card. Greg with his PhD, could invite Dexter Holland of The Offspring over and they could talk science.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should be a grand ol' romp.

    I think Tim Minchin's hilarious, but yeah, kind of in that chuckle all afternoon about it rather than fall down laughing the first time you hear a joke. Extremely clever and yes, extremely musically talented. I want to pick up some of his non-comedy stuff and see how it is.

    Joe's excited about Bad Religion. I don't know much about them.

    ReplyDelete