Sara and I were going to go see Kung Fu Panda 2 today, but circumstances beyond our control made it so we couldn't. That meant I got to do something else fun, though!
View 2011-05-29 17:03 in a larger map
That's pretty close, I'd say.
This was the first time in a while that I've done a faster run, and the only time I've tried to up the pace barefoot. The feet were a limiting factor, but not as much as my criminal negligence towards speed work.
I got back just in time...not too long after my run I snapped these images using my video camera.
Neat, huh?
Oh, I promised noms!
Dry team:
6 cups of Kashi (300g, almost a whole box)
1 1/2 cups oatmeal (100g)
1 1/4 cups PB2 (175g) - PB2 is peanut butter powder, it's awesome!
2 scoops protein powder (60g)
1 oz sunflower seeds (28g)
2 oz raisins (60g)
Wet team:
1 16oz carton of egg whites (452g)
1 tablespoon vanilla (.016g)
I meant to add old mushy bananas to the wet team, but I forgot. I will in the future. And also pureed pumpkin this fall.
Anyway, bake at 325 degrees for 32 minutes. They come out soft and chewie.
Stats: Makes about 15 bars at just under 200 calories apiece. 1/15th of a recipe has:
2.5g fat
25.5g carbs
17.7g protein
By calorie, they are 11.5% fat, 52.5% carbs, and 36.3% protein. Not bad.
Not only did I go for a run, but I got to test the precision of two of my running instruments. I wore my old Garmin GPS watch and used my cell phone's GPS and compared the two.
View 2011-05-29 17:03 in a larger map
![]() |
| From schizorunnia |
![]() |
| From |
This was the first time in a while that I've done a faster run, and the only time I've tried to up the pace barefoot. The feet were a limiting factor, but not as much as my criminal negligence towards speed work.
I got back just in time...not too long after my run I snapped these images using my video camera.
![]() |
| From schizorunnia |
![]() |
| From schizorunnia |
![]() |
| From schizorunnia |
Oh, I promised noms!
Dry team:
6 cups of Kashi (300g, almost a whole box)
1 1/2 cups oatmeal (100g)
1 1/4 cups PB2 (175g) - PB2 is peanut butter powder, it's awesome!
2 scoops protein powder (60g)
1 oz sunflower seeds (28g)
2 oz raisins (60g)
Wet team:
1 16oz carton of egg whites (452g)
1 tablespoon vanilla (.016g)
I meant to add old mushy bananas to the wet team, but I forgot. I will in the future. And also pureed pumpkin this fall.
Anyway, bake at 325 degrees for 32 minutes. They come out soft and chewie.
Stats: Makes about 15 bars at just under 200 calories apiece. 1/15th of a recipe has:
2.5g fat
25.5g carbs
17.7g protein
By calorie, they are 11.5% fat, 52.5% carbs, and 36.3% protein. Not bad.
![]() |
| From schizorunnia |






No comments:
Post a Comment