Thursday, December 15, 2011

Warning: May Contain Puns

Today it was about fifty degrees outside when I walked to work in the morning, which is about thirty degrees higher than it has been recently.  Because I was at work early for a trip to Michigan and back, I left around three in the afternoon to go work out.  I was in the gym in our building with one of the sergeants from the Army, and in walk a bunch of Air Force cadets.


They had come to this sergeant, who is forty years old and could kick my ass, for some workout advice to change things up at their cadet physical training.  They asked if I wanted to run through the workout with them and I said sure.  I call these surprise workouts, like the one time a guy ran up on me of the streets of Bowling Green.  He asked about my Vibrams and we struck up a conversation and ran together.  I about died that day.  I like surprise workouts; they keep me on my toes.


Get it?
The unfortunate side effect was that when I finally did get outside to do my run, a cold front had blown through.  Then my running shorts and T-shirt, which just an hour before would've been plenty, was markedly insufficient.


Sorry for no personal pictures or map.  My phone died trying to get service in Michigan today, so I didn't get to take it on my run =(

No comments:

Post a Comment