Saturday, October 6, 2012

Big Ten

Today's a double digit double milestone: my first ten-miler since the last ten-miler broke my foot and my first ever barefoot ten-miler.




I was pretty happy with my pace, especially considering this was what I had to deal with on the easternmost road of my run:

I want to tar and feather the man that
decided to tar and chip this road
My choices were hobble along on the road at about 13 min/mi or risk frostbite and various sharp rocks, hypodermic needles, and  Pokémon hiding in the dewy grass alongside.  I chose frostbite and the potential softening of my still very needed running pads (being about four miles from home) due to the wet.  There were a few spots, like a bridge, where I had to run on the road, but I was mostly able to avoid the tiny rocks of death and did alright in the grass.

I don't know that I'll be able to keep doing this much longer for the year.  It was pretty chilly today...although, the book I got from my in-laws last Christmas talks about running through snow barefoot with the aid of a little meditation.



Neat, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment