Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Weather Outside is Frickin' Freezin'

I guess I shouldn't complain; the coldest I've had to run in so far was in the teens.

But, this is what I was up against the week of Christmas:

Pretty, but a bit blustery
Hum...barefoot ill-advised for non-pro




























What's a minimalist to do?

Well...I'm all about doing things on the cheap.  See my award-winning articles on homemade huaraches and flannel.  So I remembered this trick we used to do with our snow boots when we were children:


Oh yes.  I did












I did and it worked...really well!  My feet stayed warm and not wet, and I even saved the bags to reuse (for my feet again, not for like, spare cucumbers to take to a friend's house).  They held up just fine for two trips and probably would've done more.

You can do this yourself.  You don't have to use the obnoxious blue color if you're worried people might worry you're hopeless.  I mean homeless.

By the way, I'm back because I've started the countdown to the Pittsburgh Marathon.  Fifteen weeks out and this year I'm following a schedule (sorta).  We'll see how this goes.  I ran eleven on Sunday, with only one major problem.  Luckily, I was running past a friend's house when the dreaded trots hit.  Many thanks to Bret and his bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment