I ran about 10k this morning with Adam from my class here at Maxwell:
View 2011-06-10 05:31 in a larger map
View 2011-06-10 05:31 in a larger map
I guess that wasn't enough, because after I got done at the gym this afternoon I went for another run...just a short one this time, 5k:
I noticed that it's so freakin' hot here even the squirrels can't put any weight on:
| ||
Kind of hard to tell, but trust me, they're skinny.
A little ways after the squirrel I wound up on a different part of the golf course when I saw this:
A little ways after the squirrel I wound up on a different part of the golf course when I saw this:
![]() |
Now, at first I was all like WTF? A) This little bench shade is among a bunch of trees so the chances of it being struck by lightning and slim and B) why would anyone put two lightning rods on a bench? What purpose could that serve? Why is that worth it?
...then I remembered golfers get hit by lightning all the time. As I understand it, it's not entirely their fault; apparently there's something about the open space that helps build up a potential between the ground and the clouds, but I can't find it right now.


No comments:
Post a Comment