Easy ten today. I had two days off...Friday I was in the car all day and Saturday was designed for rest, so I wanted to get out for a while:
View 2011-06-19 08:12 in a larger map
When I returned, Fraidy Cat was more than happy to lick my salty toes for me:
Sister-in-law's Princess Prius was out by the pond, which made me wonder...how many MPG do I get?
For a while I thought I was going to get to do some dimensional analysis, but after a quick search someone had done the research for me. Assuming The Discovery Channel did their math right, a gallon of gas has about 31,000 calories, so I would get about 200 miles to the gallon if I could stomach gasoline.
If you want to think about it the other way, stuffing a large banana into Princess' gas tank would let 'er drive about a football field's length. If you don't want to think about it that way, I apologize for the image I just implanted in your brain.
View 2011-06-19 08:12 in a larger map
When I returned, Fraidy Cat was more than happy to lick my salty toes for me:
| ||
| From schizorunnia |
Sister-in-law's Princess Prius was out by the pond, which made me wonder...how many MPG do I get?
| ||
| From schizorunnia |
For a while I thought I was going to get to do some dimensional analysis, but after a quick search someone had done the research for me. Assuming The Discovery Channel did their math right, a gallon of gas has about 31,000 calories, so I would get about 200 miles to the gallon if I could stomach gasoline.
If you want to think about it the other way, stuffing a large banana into Princess' gas tank would let 'er drive about a football field's length. If you don't want to think about it that way, I apologize for the image I just implanted in your brain.


AAAAHhhh! I don't want to think about it that way! Poor Princess! She's going to need therapy now...
ReplyDelete